Form a limited company
The first step towards setting up your limited company with us is to have a phone call with us, so that we can ascertain your requirements and ensure we are set up to serve you as best as we can. If you have not already had a call, please phone us on 01737 234567 or email our Client Liaison Manager firstname.lastname@example.org to set this up.
We then ask that you submit your details to us via the following secure online forms:
- New company and principal director details, which will give us all the details we need to form your new company with Companies House. Please ensure that all details are correct before submitting the form.
- Details of additional directors or shareholders. You will need to fill out one form per additional director or shareholder. For this reason we recommend bookmarking this form for easy access. If you are the only director/shareholder, you will not need to complete this form.
What happens next?
- Contact you and request your certified identity documents
- Carry out a routine identity check to verify your identity, to ensure our compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations.
- Send you an invoice for the company formation fee of £65 + VAT.
- Incorporate your company with Companies House and send you the company documents
- Send you our Letter of Engagement (LOE) for signing
- Register you for Corporation Tax with HMRC
- Register you for Value Added Tax (VAT) with HMRC (if applicable, when you are about to start your first assignment)
- Register you for PAYE with HMRC (when you are about to pay yourself)
- Set you up on our payroll software
You will need to:
- Send us your certified ID documents when we request them.
- Pay the company formation fee when you receive our invoice.
- Open the company bank account (RBS and NatWest usually provide a fast service)
- Arrange for professional indemnity and any other insurances (Hiscox is suitable for independent professionals)
- Sign the contract with your agency or end-client (if applicable)
- Opt out of the Employment Agency Regulations (if applicable). This is relevant only if you are working through an agency, and we confirm that it is acceptable for you to opt out. Learn more.
Before beginning, we recommend you read the Competex guide Running a Limited Company, which details how a company works, from getting set up to paying yourself to claiming expenses and running your bookkeeping.
For an overview of the company formation process, view our infographic.
If you have any questions, please contact our team on 01737 234567.