Form a limited company
The first step towards setting up your limited company with us is a call with our Principal Director. If you have not already had a call, please phone us on 01737 234567 or email our Client Liaison Manager email@example.com to set this up.
We then ask that you submit your details to us via the following secure online forms:
- New company and principal director details, which will enable us to form the company with Companies House. Please ensure that all address details are correct. We will also ask you to upload a signed copy of the photo page of your passport and a copy of a recent utility bill. This is so that we can verify your identity before forming your company.
- Details of additional directors or shareholders. You will need to fill out one form per additional director or shareholder. For this reason we recommend bookmarking this form for easy access. If you are the only director/shareholder, you will not need to complete this form. We will ask you to upload ID documents for each director/shareholder, as detailed in 1.
At the end of the application process, you will directed to our online system to pay the company incorporation fee of £65 (+VAT). This is hosted by Paypal, and all major credit or debit cards are accepted.
What happens next?
- Incorporate your company with Companies House and send you the company documents
- Send you our Letter of Engagement (LOE) for signing
- Register you for Corporation Tax with HMRC
- Register you for Value Added Tax (VAT) with HMRC (if applicable, when you are about to start your first assignment)
- Register you for PAYE with HMRC (when you are about to pay yourself)
- Set you up on our payroll software
You will need to:
- Submit the form Certification of Identity by a Counter-Signatory, by the time of signing a Letter of Engagement with us
- Open the company bank account (RBS and NatWest usually provide a fast service)
- Arrange for professional indemnity and any other insurances (Hiscox is suitable for independent professionals)
- Sign the contract with your agency or end-client
- Opt out of the Employment Agency Regulations. This is relevant only if you are working through an agency, and we confirm that it is acceptable for you to opt out. Learn more.
Before beginning, we recommend you read the Competex guide Working through a Limited Company, which details how a company works, from getting set up to paying yourself to claiming expenses and running your bookkeeping. This guide also details the legislation you need to be aware of when operating through a limited company.
For an overview of the company formation process, view our infographic.
If you have any questions, please contact our team on 01737 234567.