Do I have to complete a self-assessment tax return?

All company directors and secretaries must complete an SA100 self-assessment tax return.
All company directors (and company secretaries) are required to complete a self-assessment tax return (SA100) with an employment page in respect of the office held.

This applies even where no income has been received from the appointment as director (or secretary). If you or your fellow directors have not been sent a notice to complete a personal tax return by HMRC you can download one from the HMRC website. If you would like us to complete self-assessment tax returns for you and your fellow directors, please contact us. Separate terms of engagement are required for this service and we will need to have a complete understanding of your tax affairs so that we can provide you with an estimated fee. 

Amy FowlerDo I have to complete a self-assessment tax return?