Subscription to the HMRC tax investigation fee protection service
HMRC now uses very sophisticated software, obtaining information from multiple sources including tax returns, banks, Companies House, Land Registry, DVLA, PayPal and many more. Discrepancies can potentially trigger an enquiry, regardless of the fact that there is a sound explanation. It for this reason that we want to give you access to the best possible advice and strategies to help you if your business is targeted by HMRC.
Tax investigations are time consuming, stressful and expensive, and investigations can last for many months. During this time you could find yourself incurring accountancy and professional representation fees as well as having to deal with costly business disruption and probing questions. Even if you’re found to owe nothing, you will still have to pay your professional fees.
REMOVE THE RISK, PROTECT YOURSELF
We have entered into a partnership with Croner Taxwise to offer this service, which covers you for up to £100,000 towards professional fees resulting from an HMRC Investigation into either you or your company’s affairs.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- We and our partners, Croner Taxwise, will provide professional representation on all matters relating to your investigation, ensuring it runs as smoothly as possible and providing you with peace of mind. We also deal directly with the insurers
- You will have access to the best expertise and knowledge from both Competex and the tax experts at Croner Taxwise in dealing with HMRC
- You will have peace of mind that the experts are dealing with HMRC on your behalf
- Dealing with HMRC on your own could make matters worse
- Early intervention can lead to early resolution
- Additional tax due can be avoided or mitigated
- Any compliance check started by HMRC regarding your compliance with Income Tax and/or Corporation Tax Self Assessment: PAYE, National Insurance, Construction Industry, IR35; VAT; National Minimum Wage or Gift Aid legislation and regulations
- Any consequent dispute with HMRC after the issue of an assessment, computation of liabilities, written decision, notice of VAT civil penalty or notice of underpayment of the National Minimum Wage
- Any claim in respect of Inheritance Tax enquiries, Child Tax Credit enquiries or a compliance check carried out under HMRC Code of Practice 8 (provided fraud is disproved subject to a maximum indemnity of £15,000). Including professional fees incurred in respect of a local review of the enquiry and preparation and representation at an appeal to the First-tier Tribunal, Upper Tribunal or Employment Tribunal and any appeal against such a tribunal’s decision. After an appeal to the Upper Tribunal or where there is no right of appeal to the tribunal, the Policy will cover an application for Judicial Review (subject to a maximum indemnity of £5,000).
Competex’s Policy containing all of the terms and conditions is available at www.cronertaxwise.com/premier-professional-policy
MAKING A CLAIM
PRICING AND HOW TO JOIN
To join the scheme, please make payment by BACS or cheque for the full amount of £180.00 by 31st January 2020.
A receipted VAT invoice will be issued upon receipt of payment.
This is an annual service unless you join part way through the service period or we advise you otherwise. The service period will last for 12 months from 31st January 2020 to 31st January 2021.
If payment is received part way through the service period, the service will commence from the date payment is received and your payment will be pro-rated.
PAYING BY BACS
Please make your BACS payment for £180.00 to the following account:
Sort Code: 15-20-25
Account Number: 20491887
Ref: <Company name>